North of Scotland Universities Careers Fair
The Careers Fair is a key recruitment event for students and graduates of both Robert Gordon University and University of Aberdeen.
Organised this year by the University of Aberdeen, this is your opportunity to network with graduate recruiters across a wide range of sectors to find out more about their graduate opportunities.
Whether you are a first year, a finalist or a recent graduate, we encourage you to attend this annual event. There you will be able to connect with local, national and international businesses. They are seeking, not only to secure the best graduating talent, but also to discuss their placements, vacation, part-time and voluntary work.
- Date: 9 October 2018
- Time: 10:30 to 15:00
- Location: Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen AB24 5QH (Aberdeen Asset Management Suite)
- Parking: Free for both visitors and exhibitors, Golf Road Car Park
Businesses - get involved
The Robert Gordon University and University of Aberdeen are delighted to invite you to attend the North of Scotland Universities Careers Fair on Tuesday 9 October 2018.
The joint event will take place in the Aberdeen Asset Management Suite, Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen between 10.30am and 3pm. Attending the fair will offer you a fantastic opportunity to speak to a large number of students and graduates of a wide range of degree disciplines.
The cost of attending the fair remains at the same rate for the fourth year in a row - £450 + VAT. This includes advanced publicity as well as lunch and refreshments for up to 3 people (additional lunch tickets can be ordered at the discounted rate of £15 per head). We will also provide tables, tablecloths, chairs and electricity if required. Wireless internet access is also available for you at no extra cost.
To book a stand at the fair please contact Andrew Mackie at email@example.com. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Your guide to making the most of the fair
Graduate careers fairs are important events for you to network with graduate employers. They provide you with the opportunity to learn more about their vacancies, how to apply and why you should work for them.
Prior to the Careers Fair we recommend that you:
- Review the Attending Employers list
- Research companies/organisations you are interested in
- Prepare a copy of your CV.
Review the online CV training materials
Refer to the Careers Handbook - CVs section
Attend a drop in session to discuss your final draft
On the day :
- Dress appropriately for the event - First Impressions Count
- Research - Identify the location of the employers that you want to meet.
- Network - Find out information, get advice and build your contacts
- Sell Yourself - understand your skills and talk confidently about your degree, projects and relevant work experience.
- Update your CV - Provide a copy of your CV to the Employer.
Visit the Making the Most of Careers Fairs topic within the toolkit to help you prepare for the fair.
The fair attracts a range of local, national and international employers keen to meet with talented Robert Gordon University students and graduates.