Using UK Libraries
The library is a member of the SCONUL Access scheme, which allows particular groups of staff and students some borrowing privileges at other UK higher education libraries
Who is eligible to join the SCONUL Access scheme?
SCONUL Access provides borrowing privileges for most:
- academic staff on open or fixed term contracts
- postgraduate research students registered for a PhD, MPhil or similar qualification
- part-time, distance learning and placement students
- full-time postgraduates
SCONUL Access also provides a reference only service for most:
- full-time undergraduate students
- staff of a few higher education libraries not participating in the reciprocal borrowing arrangements
How can I join the scheme?
If your library account is in good standing we will send you an email to authorise your application. You can then print the email and take it with your RGU student or staff card to the library or libraries you wish to use.
Which other libraries can I access under the scheme?
Over 170 libraries throughout the UK (including the University of Aberdeen) are members of the scheme. Your privileges may vary at different member libraries.