Manage your passwords
Log in to the Password Management Tool, select 'My Questions and Answers Profile' and set your answers to a selection of questions.
Once you've set your answers and should you forget your password, you can go to the Password Management Tool anytime, click on 'Forgotten Password’ and answer your questions to set a new password – no need to contact the IT Helpdesk!
New Staff and Students
New students and staff are issued a unique username and a temporary password. To set a new secure password you should first log into a campus desktop or if on your own device or off the RGU campus you need to visit the RGU Password Management Tool first -
- Enter your Username
- Students type in your 7-digit matriculation number
- Staff usernames are 5-7 digits
- Type the characters you see on the screen to proceed
- Change your password selecting 'Manage My Passwords' and following
- Passwords must meet the RGU Password Guidelines
- Finally select 'My Questions and Answers Profile' and setup your security questions. Then you can manage your own password during your time at RGU without needing to contact IT for help, including forgotten passwords.
Changing your password
You can change your RGU password at any time using the Password Management tool.
You will need to know your existing password.
If you have forgotten your password or experience any problems with the Password Management tool please contact the IT Helpdesk via the ITS Help online form.
RGU passwords must meet the following criteria:
- Must contain between 8 and 20 characters
- Must contain upper case characters (e.g. A-Z)
- Must contain lower case characters (e.g. a-z)
- Must contain numerals (e.g. 1-10)
- Must not be your last password or your password before that
- Must not contain a blank space
- Must not contain 3 or more repeating characters
- Does not use dictionary words, your name, personal information, cities, football teams, etc.
If you are unable to change your password via the Password Management Tool then please contact the IT Helpdesk for support via the ITS Help online form.
- Never disclose your password to ANYONE.
- Never share passwords.
- Don't use the "Remember Password" feature of applications (e.g., Web browsers, E-mail reader, etc).
- Don't write passwords down and leave them unsecured anywhere.
- If you suspect that your RGU account or password has been compromised then you must report this to the IT Helpdesk.
If you experience any problems with the Password Management tool please contact the IT Helpdesk via our ITS Help online form.
Important Information regarding your IT Account