All students are required to enrol/register at the start of each stage of their course. For NEW students a link to Enrol Online is provided in the RGyoU Student Portal – Welcome page. Continuing students will receive an email, providing a link to Enrol Online each time they need to re-enrol.
During the online enrolment/registration process, you will be required to confirm your personal details, including your home (permanent) address and term-time (contact) address, telephone numbers, and course of study. At the end of online enrolment you will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions of the University. These are provided below for your reference.
- Main Terms and Conditions
- Terms and Conditions- Professional Development@RGU Students
- Terms and Conditions- Associate Student Scheme
NB: New students will receive enrolment details from the Admission Team as part of the admissions process. New full-time Nursing students are required to provide their National Insurance Number and all Nursing students are encouraged to provide their Nursing and Midwifery Council Pin Number when they have this.
How and if you pay your fees will depend upon a number of factors. We have included full information about fee payment - including information for sponsored, overseas, self funding and for government funded students.
Further information regarding payment options:
Any student requiring assistance with enrolment may attend a supported enrolment session at the Learning Centre at ABS, Robert Gordon University, Garthdee, Aberdeen.
Orientation/Immigration Compliance Sessions (for International Students) will be available twice a day from 10th September 2018 – 17th September 2018 in the Georgina Scott Sutherland Learning Centre:
- 10am (check-in between 9.00am and 9.40am)
- 1pm (check in between 12.00pm and 12.40pm)
All new international students must attend an Orientation Session before they can complete enrolment.
Start of Semester 2 - supported enrolment times:
- Monday 10 September 2018: 1100 - 1500hrs
- Tuesday 11 September 2018: 1100 - 1500hrs
- Wednesday 12 September 2018: 1100 - 1500hrs
- Thursday 13 September 2018: 1100 - 1500hrs
- Friday 14 September 2018: 1100 - 1500hrs
- Monday 17 September 2018: 1100 - 1500hrs
All students who will be coming on campus require an ID card to obtain access to University buildings. ID cards are also required for sitting assessments on any campus and for borrowing books from the University Library.
ID Cards are issued after enrolment:
- International Students will be given their ID cards as part of the Supported Enrolment process in the Georgina Scott Sutherland Learning Centre.
- New Full-Time Students, who have enrolled online and uploaded a photo, can collect their ID card 2 days later at the Student Helppoint in the Ishbel Gordon Building (formerly the Health and Social Care building). However, between Monday 10th September and Friday 17th September 2018, ID cards should be collected from Supported Enrolment in the Georgina Scott Sutherland Learning Centre.
- Continuing Full-time Students can collect their ID card at the Student Helppoint in the Ishbel Gordon Building (formerly the Health and Social Care building). However, between Monday 10th September and Friday 17th September 2018, ID cards should be collected from Supported Enrolment in the Georgina Scott Sutherland Learning Centre.
ID Card Pick Up times:
- Monday 10 September 2018: 09:00 – 16:30hrs
- Tuesday 11 September 2018: 09:00 – 16:30hrs
- Wednesday 12 September 2018: 09:00 – 16:30hrs
- Thursday 13 September 2018: 09:00 – 16:30hrs
- Friday 14 September 2018: 09:00 – 16:30hrs
- Monday 17 September 2018: 09:00 – 16:30hrs
Photo Upload For Student ID Card
When you have successfully completed your online enrolment, you can use the Photo Upload option to add your image to your new student ID card.
Please prepare your photo to match these requirements:
- Passport Format (Must be a full front view of your head and shoulders only)
- Layout should be portrait as shown in example, landscape (horizontal) photos will not be accepted.
- The file must be in jpeg, png or gif format. Other formats will not be accepted
- File size should not exceed 2MB
- Must be in color (black and white photos will not be accepted)
- Do not retouch or otherwise enhance or soften photo
You might find it convenient to take a photo using a Smartphone.
This photo will be your student ID card picture throughout your time at RGU. Please keep this in mind when selecting your photo.
If you require a replacement ID card due to loss or damage, students on campus can visit the Student Help Point at the Faculty of Health and Social Care Building, Garthdee If you are a distance learning student, please email the Student Records Team.
Students who wish to send in a photograph either by email or post instead of uploading a photograph should submit the following form. This form should only be submitted by students on a distance learning course or students on a placement:
Postal Student ID Card After Enrolment
After you have successfully completed your online enrolment, please complete the following form to request your new student ID card by post.
This form should only be submitted by students on a distance learning course or students on a full year placement.
Please note forms submitted before the online enrolment process has been completed will be discarded.