Mobile devices allow access to information. Museums want to exploit this to enhance visitor experiences through engagement with exhibits.
Smart Beacons delivers content relevant to an exhibit at indoor/outdoor locations, triggered by Bluetooth Low Energy as the visitor explores the museum.
An in-built recommender system, which maintains user and content models, provides a tailored experience in the form of personalised tours and information.
- BLE beacon triggers personalised location-aware content delivery
- Locations have multiple multimedia content snippets
- Individually relevant snippets are recommended based on user interactions
- Provision of previously unavailable analytics: dwell-time, routes, rating
- Enhancing locations with personalised information
- Distributing information to physically nearby users
- Tracking location of objects