If you require to change your registration status from one doctorate award to another eg from PhD to MPhil or MRes only to MRes/PhD and/or wish to change study mode, this requires approval of your host School.  After speaking to your supervisory team and Research Degrees Coordinator, you should complete and submit the Change of Registration Status (RDR-CH) Form (DOC 113KB) for approval by the Convener of the Research Degrees Committee.

If you are studying under a Tier 4 visa, you must speak with the Student Immigration Team, formally known as ISA, located on the third floor of the Ishbel Gordon Building, as your existing Tier 4 study is for full-time study only and assigned to your original PhD topic, approved by the UK Visa Immigration at time of visa application.