Parents or Guardian Sponsorship
If you wish to use a bank account in your parent's or guardian's name (or names), you must also include evidence of their relationship to you.
This evidence of your relationship with your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) can be:
- your original birth certificate, or a notarised copy, showing the name of your parent(s) whose bank account you are using for your immigration application
- if you are adopted, the original certificate of adoption, or a notarised copy, showing your name and the name of your parent(s) whose bank account you are using for your immigration application
- if you have a legal guardian, an original court document, or notarised copy, which shows the name of your guardian(s) whose bank account you are using for your immigration application
In addition to this you will also need to provide:
- A letter of support from your parent/legal guardian - a sample has been provided below to assist you
- Copies of their bank statements which meet all requirements. The finance guidance documents below will support and guide you in this
If you do not have any of the above, but you have a government-issued household register showing your name and your parent or parents' name(s), the Home Office's modernised guidance for staff assessing Tier 4 applications confirms on page 121 that this is acceptable evidence of your relationship. This option is not listed on the application form, nor in the Tier 4 policy guidance, but in the above guidance Home Office staff are instructed to accept it.
Your Visa Process