Robert Gordon University English Language Proficiency Test
What is the RGU English Language Proficiency Test?
The Robert Gordon University English Language Proficiency Test can be taken in the student’s home country under secure conditions or on campus at RGU in Aberdeen at scheduled times.
This test assesses the English language level of candidates in the four skills of listening, speaking, writing and reading. This is not an IELTS test, but is written and scored in order to provide the University with an equivalency score; both overall and in each of the four components.
Who is this test for?
This test is for students who:
- Hold a conditional offer from Robert Gordon University, based on meeting English language requirements of the course they hope to study
- Do not have an up to date Secure English Language Test (SELT)
- Have an expired SELT
- Are unable to take the SELT due to time constraints
When and where do these tests take place?
RGU will run this test in cities in the following countries throughout the year: China, Hong Kong, Nigeria, Ghana, Saudi Arabia,Kuwait, Oman, UAE, Thailand, Pakistan, India, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan
The current schedule
- Lagos - Saturday 14 July 10:00 to 16:00
- Abuja - Wednesday 18 July 16:30 to 20:00
Ghana - Accra
- Saturday 21 July 10:00 to 16:00
- Thursday 26 July
How to register for this test
Before you register for this test:
- Check the schedule of dates and venues above and select the appropriate one for you
- Note that you will need to pay a test fee online, which is £30. This is a non-refundable fee, so please make sure that you are eligible to take the test.
- Have your student number with you. (Found on your conditional offer letter)
What can you expect after registering for the test?
Once you have registered for the test and paid the test fee online, you will receive:
- An email confirmation of your test date and venue
- A Student Guide, to help you prepare for the test and know what to expect
- What to bring with you on the day of your test - via email