Pre-Sessional English Programme
We are able to welcome international students from all over the world to study on our campus. Find out how the Student Immigration Team can help you with your visa application.
The Pre-Sessional English Programme (PSP) is for students who have not yet reached the required English level and those who would like to improve their language competency.
However, this course will also benefit students who have met the English language requirement for their chosen course at Robert Gordon University. Students in this category can apply to join 5 week programme*.
The Pre-sessional English programme is a full-time course that will:
- Help you meet the minimum language requirements needed for your chosen Robert Gordon University degree programme
- Improve your reading and writing skills - including how to write in the correct academic style using references and sources
- Develop your speaking and listening skills - including presentations and seminar discussions
- Help you learn important study skills, such as time management and avoiding plagiarism
- Allow you to get to know the University’s resources ahead of your degree course
- Practice the specific language used by your chosen subject of study
- Be taught by highly qualified and experienced tutors
and of course…
- Take part in our fantastic social programme
Benefits of studying the RGU Pre-Sessional English Programme
- Tuition fees for the programme include tuition, course materials, access to the library and internet, meet and greet service on arrival, summer social programme and end of course event
- Students will be taught on Robert Gordon University campus in Aberdeen
- Students will gain student status from day one, giving them a head start in getting to know the City, campus and their new home, whilst developing their language skills, increasing confidence and exposure to the language whilst studying in the UK
- Undergraduate students who successfully complete the Pre-sessional English Programme and meet the required grades to progress to the first or second year of the undergraduate degree course, will receive a tuition fee discount of £3000 towards the first year of undergraduate study
- Postgraduate students who successfully complete the Pre-sessional English Programme and meet the required grades to progress to the Masters programme, will receive a tuition fee discount of £2000 towards the tuition fee of the postgraduate course.
- Access to a wide range of university accommodation