Solution Focused Interactions 15 Credits Level 9; ECTS points 7.5
We provide a stimulating learning opportunity for individuals in the field of solution focused brief therapy.
This course is designed for those who wish to advance their knowledge and skills and enhance the effectiveness of their work.
2. What you will study
- The theoretical development of solution focused interactions and the evaluation of the impact of Milton Erickson, and others, on this.
- The key factors contributing to the solution focused interview.
- The use of solution focused interactions in your own practice.
- The major differences between solution finding and problem solving.
- The principles of solution focused interactions in an appropriate and therapeutic manner within a simulated clinical setting.
3. How you will learn
The module is delivered using a blend of face to face (9 study days) teaching and online material. Students will engage with directed and self-directed learning activities supported by the module team.
- Approximately 60 hours on face-to-face learning
- Approximately 90 hours on independent study using online material
- Practical Exam
- Written Assignment
Each constitutes 50% of the total course assessment.
4. Entry Requirements
This module is suitable for registered nurses, midwives, health and social care professionals and other individuals with a basic grounding in communication skills. They should be willing to engage in experiential learning and to share experiences within a group setting.
Normally, applicants are expected to be able to demonstrate HND level study; however, if this is not the case, interested individuals are encouraged to make contact and discuss their circumstances.
5. Course Fees
For Academic Year 2017/2018
- £600 .
- £960 .
For Academic Year 2016/2017
- £570 .
- £930 .
For Academic Year 2015/2016
- £570 .
- £930 .
For Academic Year 2014/2015
- £555 .
- £900 .
For Academic Year 2013/2014
- £540 .
- £875 .
For Academic Year 2012/2013
- £520 course
- £845 course
For Academic Year 2011/2012
- £505 course
Course fees are reviewed periodically and so are subject to change for new applicants. All tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in your offer letter. You will also be liable to pay a graduation fee of £40 before receiving a University award.For further information see Student Finance pages
6. How to apply
For an application pack, please contact email@example.com
Back to midwifery