Professional Studies Framework
The Professional Studies Framework (PSF) enables students who have successfully undertaken modules and earned academic credit to use that credit to gain an academic award.
After students have successfully completed modules/short courses, they can apply for the credits they have earned to be recognised for a relevant award, using the Claim Form, which should be read in conjunction with the Guide to the Professional Studies Framework:
The Claim Form should only be completed by those students who have sufficient credit to claim a Professional Studies award. The submission deadline for students wishing to graduate in July is the end of March. The submission deadline for students wishing to graduate in December is the end of September.
The next Award Board will meet on:
28 May 2019 - the deadline for the submission of Claim Forms for consideration at this Board is Friday 12 April 2019
The academic credit that will be considered for an award of the Professional Studies Framework must have been achieved through the successful completion of modules of the University.
- All modules should have been successfully completed within a 6 year period and a claim submitted within 12 months of completion of the final module.
The following awards are available within the Professional Studies Framework:
- Master Professional Studies 180 SCQF level 11 Credits
- Postgraduate Diploma Professional Studies 120 SCQF level 11 Credits
- Postgraduate Certificate Professional Studies 60 SCQF level 11 Credits
- Graduate Diploma Professional Studies 120 SCQF level 9 or 10 credits
- Graduate Certificate Professional Studies 60 SCQF level 9 or 10 credits
There is also the potential to achieve a bracketed subject specific award depending on the modules achieved e.g. MSc Professional Studies (Nursing).
The Professional Studies Course Specification provides further details on the Framework (this appears as the first entry on the drop down list).