CNR International Access Scholarship
The CNR Access Scholarship (Barbara Rae Scholarship) is open to full time undergraduate students and provides funding support up to the value of £3,000 per annum, with support being provided for each scholarship awarded for a period of four years.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited is an independent oil and natural gas production company, based in Calgary, Alberta, with operations in its core areas located in Western Canada, the UK portion of the North Sea and Offshore Africa.
The ACCESS RGU Barbara Rae Memorial Scholarship is open to undergraduate students studying specific courses at the Aberdeen Business School or the School of Engineering.
The students will receive £3,000 per year as well as mentoring, pastoral care and study skills support, coordinated through the university’s Department for the Enhancement of Learning, Teaching and Access (DELTA). This is a student led process to facilitate both academic and personal success.
Students who have accepted the offer of a place on one of the following undergraduate courses at Robert Gordon University and who meet the criteria outlined in supporting documentation provided by Access RGU will be eligible to apply for the scholarship:
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- MEng Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical and Offshore Engineering
- MEng Mechanical and Offshore Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- MEng Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- MEng Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- BA (Hons) International Business Management
- BA (Hons) Management
- BA (Hons) Management with Marketing
- BA (Hons) Management with Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Management
- BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance
- BA (Hons) Law and Management
How to Apply
Applicants for the Scholarship must have met the entry requirements of their UCAS offer from Robert Gordon University and have formally accepted the offer. Applicants must also have met at least one of the ACCESS RGU scholarship eligibility criteria.
- be enrolled in the first year of your chosen full time undergraduate degree programme at RGU
- be Scottish domiciled and classed as a ‘home fees student’
- have not already obtained a first degree
- reside in a low income household (in receipt of Educational Maintenance Allowance or eligible to claim SAAS bursary i.e. household income below £34,000)
In addition you must meet at LEAST ONE of the following criteria:
- Reside in a postcode area which is regarded by the Scottish Government as being within the 40% (Quintiles 1 and 2) most deprived regions of the country as categorised by Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD).
- Have spent time as a Looked After Child or looked After and Accommodated Child, be that at home, in residential, foster or kinship care
Application is by invitation only. Eligible applicants will receive an email with further direction.
RGU’s widening participation initiative aims to extend access to learning and enable talented individuals from under-represented groups to achieve their ambitions through higher education whatever their circumstances.