|Position:||Lecturer (CYP Nursing)|
|Telephone:||Tel: + 44 (0)1224 262681|
Leanna is a lecturer in Children and Young People’s Nursing. She commenced in this role in 2005 and following a return to clinical nursing practice between 2008 and 2009 when she worked as a senior charge nurse in the out-patient department at the Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospital, Leanna then resumed her role as CYP lecturer at RGU.
Leanna achieved an MSc in Professional Practice in December 2014.
Leanna is also a Support USA exchange coordinator, staff student liaison committee representative and a moving and handling representative.
- Spiritual Care in Nursing, Arts and Humanities and the development of Nurse Education to enhance Practice.
External / Professional Roles
- Children and Young People’s Nurse Academics UK (CYPNAUK) representative
- Strategic Paediatric Educationalists and Nurses Scotland (SPENS) representative
- WILL, L., 2013. Poster presentation. Developing Children and Young People (CYP) student nurses’ cultural competence through experience of learning abroad. 20th Annual Children’s Hospital Association of Texas (CHAT) Paediatric Nursing Conference: Back to the Future: The Future of Nursing. Dallas, Texas. 18-19 October.
- Vulnerability in Children
- Young People and Families
- Arts and Humanities in Nursing