|Position:||Lecturer in Adult Nursing|
Since qualifying from Robert Gordon University, Jill has undertaken work with community hospitals and further education. The majority of her clinical nursing career has been spent as a care home manager providing direction and support to teams whilst developing and implementing policies which ensured compliance with evidence based practice. She was an active member of the local reference group during the integration of health and social care and partook in multi-organisational reviews and working groups.
As Care Home Manager, Jill successfully completed her registered manager award and was also undertaking an MSc in Advancing Nursing Practice at RGU. Jill held voluntary positions of class representative, student representative on the Faculty Quality Enhancement Sub-Committee and latterly as Student Faculty Officer.
Jill was also shortlisted as a finalist in the Student Nursing Times Awards 2016 under the category of postgraduate learner of the year.
- Advancing nursing practice in geriatric services.
- Technology enhanced education.
- Integration of health and social care.
- WILL, J. and BAIN, H., 2015. Integration, an opportunity for diversity of health and social care placements in the care home sector. ENTER Conference. 12-13 November. Edinburgh: Queen Margaret University.
- KENNEDY, C. and WILL J., 2020. Interventions for preventing abuse in the elderly. International Journal of Nursing Practice. [online]. Available from: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/ijn.12870# [Accessed 6 July 2020].
- Essentials of nursing care
- Care of the elderly
- Relationship centered care
- Long-term conditions
- Leadership and management inter-professional education practice development.
- Public health.