|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 263712|
I teach across various levels (Stage 1 to Stage 4) of undergraduate built environment courses (Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying and Construction Management) and distant learning postgraduate modules and involve in the supervision and examination of PhDs.
I have a PhD in Carbon Management from Northumbria University and a first-class undergraduate degree in BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying from University of Moratuwa. I also hold a post graduate certificate in Academic Practice
My research interest lies in the areas of quantity surveying and carbon management of the built environment.
RICS/CHOBE funding, The State of Global Surveying Education, £15,000 – 2019
I am a Fellow of Higher Education Academy and an Associate Professional of Green Building Council of Sri Lanka.
- Victoria, M. F. and Perera, S. (2018). Embodied carbon management of buildings: a pareto approach, Built Environment Project and Asset Management, 8(5), 504-514.
- Victoria, M.F. and Perera, S. (2018). Parametric embodied carbon prediction model for early stage estimating, Energy and Buildings, 168, 106-119.
- Victoria, M. F., Perera, S., Davies, A., and Fernando, N. (2017). Carbon and cost critical elements: a comparative analysis of two office buildings, Built Environment Project and Asset Management, 7(5), 460-470.
- Senaratne, S., Victoria, M., & Samaraweera, A. (2019). Building a supportive culture for sustained organizational learning in public sectors including project learning. In: Handbook of Research on Implementing Knowledge Management Strategy in the Public Sector. Y. A. Albastaki, A. I. Al-Alawi, & S. A (Eds.). Al-Bassam. USA: IGI Global.
- Victoria, M. and Perera, S. (2018). Carbon and cost hotspots: an embodied carbon management approach during early stages of design. In: Embodied Carbon in Buildings. F. Pomponi, C. De Wolf and A. Moncaster (Eds), UK: Springer.
- Perera, S. and Victoria, M. (2017) Role of carbon in sustainable development. In: Future challenges for sustainable development within the built environment. P. Lombardi, G. Q. Shen, P. S. Brandon (Eds). Wiley's publication.
- Perera, S., Victoria, M. and Brand, S. (2017) Social media in construction: an exploratory case study. In: Advances in Construction ICT and e-business, Routledge.
- Perera, S., Zhou, L., Udeaja, C., Victoria, M. and Chen, Q. (2016) A comparative study of construction cost and commercial management services in the UK and China. RICS: UK.
- Victoria, M., Perera, S. and Davies, A. (2017) Carbon hotspots of office buildings in the UK. In: 6th World Construction Symposium, 30 June – 2 July 2017, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Victoria, M., Perera, S. and Davies, A. (2017) The application of elemental embodied carbon prediction model for buildings. In: World Sustainable Built environment Conference 2017, 5-7 June 2017, Hong Kong.
- Victoria, M., Perera, S. and Davies, A. (2016) Design economics for dual currency management in construction projects. In RICS COBRA 2016, September 2016, Toronto, Canada.
- Perera, S., Zhou, L. and Victoria, M. (2016) Construction cost and commercial management system in the UK and China – professional body and business comparison. In: RICS COBRA 2016, 19-22 September 2016, Toronto, Canada.
- Victoria, M., Perera, S., Davies, A. and Fernando, N. (2016) Carbon and cost critical elements of office buildings: a case study. In: 5th World Construction Symposium, 29 – 31 July 2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Victoria, M., Perera, S., and Davies, A (2016) A pragmatic approach for embodied carbon estimating in buildings. In SBE16 Torino, 18-19 February 2016, Torino, Italy.
- Perera, S. Victoria, M. and Brand, S. (2015) Use of social media in construction industry: A case study. In: CIB 2015: Going North For Sustainability: Leveraging Knowledge and Innovation for Sustainable Construction and Development, 23-25 November 2015, London South Bank University, London, UK.
- Victoria, M. F., Perera, S., Zhou, L., & Davies, A. (2015). Estimating Embodied Carbon: A dual currency approach. In: Sustainable Buildings and Structures: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Sustainable Buildings and Structures, 29 October-1 November 2015, Suzhou, PR China, CRC Press, 223-230.
- Victoria, M, Perera, S and Davies, A. (2015) Developing an early design stage embodied carbon prediction model: A case study In: Raidén, A B and Aboagye-Nimo, E (Eds) Procs 31st Annual ARCOM Conference, 7-9 September 2015, Lincoln, UK, Association of Researchers in Construction Management, 267-276.
- Perera, S., Zhou, L., Udeaja, C. and Victoria, M. (2015) a comparative study of construction cost & commercial management systems in the UK and China, In: COBRA AUBEA 2015, 8 - 10 July, Sydney, Australia.