|Position:||Assistant Chief Academic Officer and Secretary to the Board|
|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 263409|
Duties and Responsibilities
The overall purpose of this role is to support the Chief Academic Officer in the effective discharge of institutional responsibilities for academic development, quality assurance and quality enhancement, student experience and academic administration.
The specific duties which relate to this application include:
- Co-ordinating and leading specific institutional level developments and enhancement activity as determined by the Chief Academic Officer, to ensure effective achievement of academic standards, high quality student experience and positive outcomes from external (Quality Assurance Agency) reviews
- Monitoring the implementation and effectiveness of academic enhancement activities at school and institutional levels
- Assuming delegated authority for decision making for specific aspects of academic quality assurance procedures and associated actions and plans
- Convening specific institutional level committees (including Academic Regulations Committee and Academic Advisory Committee for ICRGU, the Navitas college partnership with RGU), voice Convenor of QAEC and ADC
- Convening Institutional Led Subject Reviews and working groups, relating to academic development, quality assurance and quality enhancement, contributing to, and ensuring effective engagement of members in the achievement of effective decisions and outcomes.
Having qualified as a solicitor in Scotland, Veronica began at RGU in 1994 as a lecturer in law within School of Public Administration and Law. She undertook the Pg Certificate in Tertiary Level Teaching Methods, 1996, and converted Pg Certificate Tertiary Level Teaching, 1998, and had admission to the Institute of Learning and Teaching, 2000. Developed computer aided assessment within her courses and presented at conferences.
She led curriculum development for LLB (validated 2000) and successful accreditation submission to the Law Society of Scotland 2001. January 2001 appointed senior lecturer. Developed the LLM International Commercial Law, delivered attending and online distance learning modes. Mentor for staff undertaking teaching and learning qualifications and university wide committees for teaching and Learning and academic regulations. In 2002 appointed Associate Head of School. Oversaw development and accreditation of the PG Diploma in Legal Practice and transfer part of the PG LLM portfolio to online delivery. Involved in university wide quality processes and in internal review within schools. 2004 Fellow of HEA.
In 2005 she was appointed Business Manager, Aberdeen Business School. Ensuring compliance with financial and other business process within ABS. Development and delivery of strategic plans and policies to enable the best use of its resources, delivering high quality experience for both students and staff. This included management, leadership and direction of Placement Office, Learning and Media Technologists, Assessment, Postgraduate and Faculty Office teams.
FHEA – Fellow of Higher Education Academy (2004)
FCMI – Fellow of Chartered Management Institute (2014)