|Position:||Course Leader of MSc Drilling and Well Engineering|
|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 262416|
Reza leads and lecture on the MSc Drilling and Well Engineering course since 2016 and is also the responsible academic for the collaborative MSc course of Decommissioning with University of Aberdeen. He is research active in Geomechanics with specialty in Naturally Fractured reservoirs, Hydraulic Fracturing and wellbore stability having published on micro, plug and field scale research projects. He used to work with major Oil & Gas operators such as BP and Statoil before joining RGU as a member of staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Course leader - Drilling and Well Engineering MSc
- Academic in charge - Collaborative MSc Decommissioning course with University of Aberdeen
- PhD in Petroleum Engineering (Geomechanics, Fractured Reservoirs) – Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, UK, 2015
- MSc in Drilling Engineering - Sciences & Researches branch of IAU, Tehran, Iran, 2009
- BSc in Mining Engineering (Exploitation) - Shahid Bahonar University, Kerman, Iran, 2006
- Geomechanics – NFR and Hydraulic Fracturing
- Enhanced Recovery strategies
- Wellbore stability – Stress profiling
Neutron scattering study of stress-strain behaviour of porous geological materials
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- International Society of Rock Mechanics
- Scottish Carbon Capture & Storage
- Aberdeen Formation Evaluation Society
External / Professional Roles
RGU Academic in charge – MSc Decommissioning
“Neutron scattering study of strain behaviour of porous rocks subjected to heating and unconfined uniaxial compression” Faisal, N. H., Sanaee, R. et al., 2018 Journal of Physics: Conference Series
“Rock Compressive Strength: A Correlation from Formation Evaluation Data for the Niger Delta” Salawu, B. A., Sanaee, R. and Onabanjo, O. 2016 AAPG/SPE Africa Energy and Technology Conference, Nairobi City, Kenya
“Stress Effects on Flow Partitioning in Fractured Reservoirs: Equivalent Porous Media versus Poro-Elasticity Coupled Modeling", Sanaee R. et al. ARMA 2013 Symposium, San Francisco, USA.
"Fracture-Matrix Flow Partitioning and Cross Flow: Numerical Modelling of Laboratory Fractured Core Flood", Sanaee R. et al. Comsol Conference Europe 2012, Milan, Italy.
"Determination of the Stress Profile in a Deep Borehole in a Naturally Fractured Reservoir", Sanaee R, et al. International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences (2010), doi:10.1016/j.ijrmms.2010.03.014.
"Comparison of Reservoir Mineralogy Prediction Utilizing logging data and Elastic wave Velocities by virtue of Artificial Neural Network in South pars Field", M. Dezfoolian, R.Sanaee, Petroleum Science And technology, (2010), doi:10.1080/10916466.2010.492371