|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 263117|
Billy is the current Course Lead for the BNursing – Mental Health programme as well as a lecturer within the School. Billy’s portfolio includes teaching responsibilities across field specific and generic modules. He also inputs into the pre-registration program management team. In addition, as part of the practice education team, Billy works closely with practice partners to support students during practice learning experiences.
Billy has worked within health and social care settings for over 10 years, most recently within an acute mental health inpatient environment. He was also an Early Clinical Career Fellow through NHS Education for Scotland. His master’s studies explored advanced practice roles within mental health nursing. Billy maintains a bank contract within the local health board as a staff nurse within the mental health and learning disability service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership of the Mental Health Nursing program including student experience, achievements and delivery of the program as approved
- Leadership of pre-registration field specific modules
- Teaching across a range of pre-registration and post-registration modules
- Supporting the delivery of practice education.
Billy joined the University in 2016 – he completed his pre-registration education at RGU and his MSc in Nursing at Aberdeen University.
Prior to embarking on a career in nursing, Billy completed an MA in History at Aberdeen University.
- Advanced practice within mental health nursing
- Non-medical prescribing
- Practice Education within pre-registration nursing education.
Nursing & Midwifery Council registrant
External / Professional Roles
Royal College of Nursing – Learning Rep
Mental Health Nurse Academics - UK
- Therapeutic engagement and practice
- Clinical skills
- Holistic practice within mental wellbeing including the management and assessment of physical wellbeing