- SS1004: Social Work Values, Roles and Tasks
- SS2002: Human Growth and Behaviour
- SS2004: Social Work Methods
- SS2027: Social Work with People with Substance Problems
- SSM101: Professional Ethics
- SS4005: Comparative Health and Social work
- Year 3 Tutor for BA (Hons) Social Work
Claire is currently undertaking a PhD on children's disclosure of parental substance misuse. Her research interests include:
- Working with children affected by parental substance misuse
- Effective interventions in working with individuals with substance problems
- Cultural Transitions
- Anti-discriminatory practice
- Evidence–based Practice
Most recent project:
Multi–Ethnic Recovery Equality Project (2011): Research conducted on behalf of the Scottish Government to examine the needs of black and ethnic minorities regarding drug and alcohol service provision in Aberdeen City. Drugs Action, Aberdeen / The Scottish Government.
Multi–Ethnic Recovery Project Report, 2011 – forthcoming.
Anderson, A. & Miller, C., 2003. Class Matters: Human and Social Capital in the Entrepreneurial Process. Journal of Socio – Economics, vol. 32, issue 1, pages 17-36.