|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 262602|
Jane has been working at RGU as a lecturer since 2014.
Professionally, her nursing career spanned 35 years with the last 20 years focusing on District Nursing and primary care.
Duties and Responsibilities
Jane is a lecturer in adult nursing. She teaches post-graduate studies and is Programme Leader for Masters and CPD Education.
1979: obtained a Bachelor of Nursing at Glasgow University
Other qualifications include:
- Scottish certificate of Midwifery (RGIT)
- Diploma in District Nursing (RGIT)
- BA Palliative Care (RGU)
- MSc Pain Management (Edinburgh University) (distinction)
- Non-medical prescribing (RGU)
- Post graduate Certificate in Learning Teaching and assessment (RGU)
- Royal College of Nursing
- Association of District Nurse Educators
- Association of Advanced Practice Educators
- International Council of Nursing
External / Professional Roles
External Examiner, Glasgow Caledonian University.
MAIR, J., 2008. Is the WHO analgesic ladder active or archaic? European Journal of Palliative Care, 15(4), pp. 162-165.
Primary care, in particular:
- Palliative care
- Cancer care
- Pain management
- Non-medical prescribing
- Chronic disease management
- Advanced Practice
- District Nursing