|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 262719|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching and related activities in Digital Media and Computer Animations & Gaming.
- Research, consultancy and other forms of income generation in Creative Media Technology.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students' supervisions.
- 01/11/2007 - 01/12/2010: PhD in School of Computing,Informatics and Media, University of Bradford, UK.
- 01/09/2011 - 17/02/2014: Lecturer in Creative Media Technology at Faculty of Engineering and Environment, Northumbria University
- 01/09/2013 - 18/02/2014: Programme Leader of Computer Animation & VFX
- 18/02/2014 – Present, Lecturer in Digital Media at School of Computing Science and Digital Media, Robert Gordon University
Dr. Yang Jiang's research interests are majorly on 3D visualizations, Immersive Technologies, computer gaming and computer-generated 3D character animations, as well as real-time motion capture. Her research objective is trying to bridge the gap between graphics based computer generated media and the real-time captured videos, images as well as other forms of media, especially in 3D forms. As a key researcher in RGUx (RGU User Experience Lab), in collaboration with artists and local creative media industry, Dr. Jiang explores research on 3D visualizations to: (i) create interesting animation characters and scenes with new mathematics models; (ii) reconstruct events from videos to enrich computer animations; (iii) 3D visualizations for GIS; and (iv) new game and user-centred design in Human Computer Interaction area.
- Fellow of the HEA
- Book Chapter of Environmental Modelling and Character Animation for Virtual Realities, Introduction to Virtual Reality - A Textbook for Chinese Higher Education Institutes in Computer Science. Work with Shenzhen University, 09/2017, on publishing.
- Wang, C and Jiang Y, “GIS-Based Visualization of Future Landscape”, EGU General Assembly Conference, Vol.20, EGU 2018-1447-1, 2018
- Wang.C, Jiang. Y, Xie.H, Miller.D and Brown. I, “Development of a Flood Warning Simulation System: A Case Study of 2007 Tewkesbury Flood”, FLOODrisk, volume 7, pp. 1-5, 2016.
- Wang C, Miller D, Jiang Y and Brown I. Integration of GIS and Virtual Reality for Future Land-Use: A Case Study from Royal Deeside. GISRUK 2016, University of Greenwich, 30th March – 1st April 2016
- Wang C, Miller D, Brown I, Jiang Y and Castellazzi M, 2015. Visualisation techniques to support public interpretation of future climate change and land-use choices: a case study from N-E Scotland. International Journal of Digital Earth (IF: 3.291), International Journal of Digital Earth, Volume 9, Issue 6, pp.586-605, 2016.
- Wang C, Miller D, Jiang Y, Brown I, Marine & Seascape Visualisation to Support Planning of Renewable Energy Developments, 2015 International Conference on Sustainable Energy & Environmental Protection, University of the West of Scotland, UK, August 11 to 14, 2015.
- Wang. C, Miller. D, Jiang Y and Donaldson-Selby. G, “Use of 3D Visualisation Tools for Representing Urban Greenspace Spatial Planning”, 2015 IEEE International Conference on Information Science and Control Engineering (ICISCE 2015), 24-26 April, pp 528-532, 2015.
- Wang. C, Miller. D, Horne.P, Jiang.Y, Donaldson-Selby.G., and Morrice. J.: “Visualisation of Spread of Chalara Ash Dieback for Raising Public Awareness and Responsible Woodland Access”, GISRUK 2015, University of Leeds, 15th – 17th April, 2015
- Wang, C., Miller. D.R., Jiang, Y., Donaldson-Selby, G., Horne, P., Morrice, J, “3D Modelling of Offshore Wind Farms for the West Coast of Scotland”, GIS Research UK, University of Glasgow, 16th-18th April 2014.
- Hubert P. H. Shum, Edmond S. L. Ho, Yang Jiang and Shu Takagi, “Real-Time Posture Reconstruction for Microsoft Kinect”, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics (IF: 3.469), Volume: 43, Issue: 5, 2013;
- Wang.C, Miller.D, Jiang.Y and Morrice.J, "Developing a Novel Approach for 3D Visualisation of Tarland", IEEE 17th International Conference on Information Visualisation, London,UK. 15-18 July 2013.
- MA Al-Mamun, N Kazmi, MA Hossain, P Vickers, Y Jiang, “An intelligent decision support system for personalized cancer treatment”, CIS2012: 11th IEEE Conference on Cybernetic Intelligent Systems, 23-24
- Wang. C, Miller. D, Jiang.Y, Horne. P and Morrice. J, "Integration of Maya and ArcGIS: A New Approach to Representation in Virtual Environments", 12th International Conference on Design & Decision Support Systems in Architecture and Urban Planning, August 27th-29th 2012
- Xiao G., Jiang Y., Song G. and Jiang J. 'Support-vector-machine tree-based domain knowledge learning towards automated sports video classification', Optical Engineering (IF: 0.954), Vol 49, No 127003-127003-6, December, 2010.
- Yang Jiang, Jianmin Jiang. ‘Algorithm Development towards Intelligent Analysis and Interpretation of Digital Media Content’, Proceeding of IEEE 18th International Electrotechnical and Computer Science Conference, Slovenia, September 21~23, 2009;
- Yang Jiang, Jianmin Jiang and Paolo Capodieci. ‘A SVM-based behavior monitoring algorithm towards detection of un-desired events in critical infrastructures’, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, SPRINGER, Vol 63, PP61-68, 2009, ISSN: 1615-3871;
- Yang Jiang, Jianmin Jiang and Ian Palmer ‘A Decision Tree Approach for Scene Pattern Recognition and Extraction in Snooker Videos’, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg; ISSN: 0302-9743 (Print) 1611-3349 (Online); Volume 5627, 2009, PP947-954;
- Yang Jiang, Jianmin Jiang and I.J. Palmer ‘Computerised Interactive Gaming via Supporting Vector Machines’, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, International Journal of Computer Games Technology, Volume 2008, Article ID 186941, ISSN:1687-7047, 2008;
- Yang Jiang, Jianmin Jiang, and Ian Palmer ‘A SVM based AI design for interactive gaming’, International Conference on Computer Gaming and Relevant Technologies, Singapore, April 28~30, 2008 (best paper award);
- Full PhD studentship award for three years in Digital Media by the University of Bradford and participation in the EU Framework-6 IP project: Live staging of media events (EU contract: 027312);
- Best student research paper award from International Conference on Computer Gaming and Relevant Technologies, Singapore, 2008, for the paper title: A SVM based AI design for interactive gaming.
- 15/06/2017 – 01/08/2017 Funded Project: Postdoctoral and Early Career Researcher Exchanges (PECE) from SICSA (The Scottish Informatics & Computer Science Alliance). Fully awarded research project. Collaborative work with Shenzhen University in China under the research theme of Immersive Technologies.
- 27/06/2018 – 30/06/2018 Funded by Newton Fund to attend UK-China Newton Fund Researcher Links Workshop Health and Well-being Through VR and AR, Presentation entitled: “Mixed Reality for health incentivisation”.