|Position:||Programme Leader - Subsea Engineering|
|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 262386|
Professional Body Membership
- CEng, MIMechE
- SPE (Faculty Sponsor RGU Student Chapter)
- SUT (Corporate Member)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Classroom and online teaching for MSc Energy courses
- Short course delivery for corporate clients
- Lecture material development
- Module co-ordination
- Course leadership (MSc Subsea Engineering)
- PhD (Subsea Pipeline On-Bottom Stability)
- MSc Oil & Gas Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Research Interests / Professional Background
Computational Fluid Dynamics Modelling of Subsea Pipeline On-Bottom Stability
Subsea Engineering (SURF)
Oil and Gas
Facilities Engineering, Advanced Completions & Subsea Systems, Subsea Systems, Pipelines & Processing, Introduction to Subsea Engineering, Subsea Control Systems, Subsea Systems Reliability and Risks, Subsea Pipeline and Riser Design.
- Ibiye Iyalla, Elankumaran Arulliah and David Innes. A Critical Analysis of Open Protocol for Subsea Production Controls System Communication. Oceans’17 MTS/IEEE Conference, 19-22 June 2017. Aberdeen.
- Kingsley Amadi and Ibiye Iyalla. Application of Mechanical Specific Energy Techniques in Reducing Drilling Cost in Deepwater Development. Deepwater Drilling and Completions Conference, 2012 June 20-21, Galveston: Society of Petroleum Engineers, 156370-MS.
- Iyalla I, Hossain M and Andrawus J. Calculating hydrodynamic loads in pipelines and risers: practical alternative to Morison’s equation. Advanced Materials Research. 2012; 367.
- Ibiye Iyalla, Mamdud Hossain and Jesse Andrawus. Calculating Hydrodynamic Loads on Pipelines and Risers: Practical Alternative to Morison’s Equation. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference of Engineering Research and Development (ICERD). 2010 September 7-9. Benin. ICERD10101.
- I Iyalla, K Umah and M Hossain. Computational Fluid Dynamics Modelling of Pipe-Soil Interaction in Current. Proceedings of the IAENG World Congress on Engineering. 2010 June 30- August 2. London: IAENG, 2010. Vol II p. 1539-1543.
- Saidu Mamman, Jesse A Andrawus and Ibiye Iyalla. Improving Reliability of Subsea Valves. Nigeria Annual International Conference and Exhibition, 2009 August 3-5. Abuja: Society of Petroleum Engineers, 128347-MS.