|Position:||Senior Midwifery Lecturer and Lead Midwife for Education|
|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 262654|
Before joining RGU in 2013, Fiona worked as a senior charge midwife in NHS Grampian specializing in labour and birth.
Fiona works within the School of Nursing and Midwifery as Senior midwifery lecturer leading on the development, delivery and management of midwifery education. She is also the lead midwife for education representing RGU and the north-east of Scotland.
Bachelor of Midwifery, Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Learning and Teaching
Master of Research.
GIBB, F., 2018. Strengthening maternity service user involvement in clinical skills education through co-design of a mobile app. National Healthcare Education Conference, University of Central London and RCM Education conference, London, June 2018.
GIBB, F., 2017. Research in progress: Strengthening maternity service user involvement in clinical skills education through co-design of a mobile app. Scottish Clinical Skills Network Conference, St Andrews University, 3-4 May.
2016-18: MRes scholarship funding from the Digital Health and Care Institute
- NMC Registered Midwife Teacher
- Higher Education Academy Fellow
- Royal College of Midwives Full Member
- Lead Midwives Scotland Group member
- Midwifery Education Group Scotland member
- Scottish Multi-Professional Maternity Development Programme Instructor
- Scottish Clinical Skills Network Steering group member
External / Professional Roles
- Peer Reviewer Woman and Birth
- Midwife representative Scottish Future Nurse and Midwife Programme Board.
- General Nursing Council Disbursement Panel
- Peer Reviewer Nurse Education Today
- Best Start Implementation Group, NHS Grampian
- Maternity Services Liaison Committee, NHS Grampian
- NMC Virtual Thought Group member for Future Midwife educational standards
WARK, F., 2016. Midwifery educators' experiences and perceptions following a high-fidelity birth simulator workshop. British Journal of Midwifery, 24(6). https://doi.org/10.12968/bjom.2016.24.6.444
School opens its doors to prospective Midwives. 4th August 2018. Evening Express, The Scotsman.
- B Midwifery
- Return to Midwifery practice
- Clinical skills and decision making
- Leadership and Management