- Diploma in Social Work
- Post Graduate Certificate in Social Services leadership
- Practice Teaching Award
- Mental Health Officer Award
BA (Hons) Social Work
- Research Methods and Social Work Practice
- Social Work with Older People
- Research and Study Skills
MSc Social Work
- Community Care and Vulnerable Groups
Input relating to Community Care, Disability, Mental Health and Older People to various modules and stages.
Course Leader for PG Cert Mental Health Officer Award. Modules include:
- Mental Wellbeing and Mental Disorder
- Adults with Incapacity
- Offenders, Young People and Families
Iain started out working in local authority social work in 1985 as a groupworker with teenagers at risk of going into secure care. He qualified in social work in 1990 and subsequently worked in child care, welfare rights and adult mental health. Iain became a Mental Health Officer (MHO) in 1995 and practice teacher in 2000. Took on responsibility for social work mental health and drug and alcohol team in 1997 leading this into a new community mental health service and continued to have a management role in these service areas until 2003 when took on a full-time planning and development role around incapacity and mental health legislation. However he maintained responsibility for MHO services then instigated full-time MHO team in 2005. Took on service management role across drugs, alcohol, MHO and homeless services in 2008/9 and latterly managed an older people's community care team alongside existing MHO service responsibilities.
Apart from undertaking and overseeing
casework had a lead role in developing policy and staff guidance, commissioning
services and the design and delivery of training to wide ranging interest groups
and social work staff.
Iain has been a General Member of the Mental Health Tribunal since its inception in 2005.
- Enduring interest in adult mental health, incapacity and wider adult protection agenda.
- Longstanding interest in continuing professional development for staff underpinning an interest and commitment to social work education.
- Currently undertaking PhD at Dundee University on theme of Scottish adult protection legislative landscape.