|Telephone:||+44 (0)1224 262559|
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Delivery of Knowledge Exchange between industry and academia in order to facilitate the next generation of intelligent sensors and sensor systems for a range of applications in sectors including Subsea, Infrastructure, Energy, Environment and Defense.
- Development sensors for Environmental Applications
- Electro-Analytical Chemistry
Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) with PhD in Electrochemistry at The University of Hull, “Electrocatalytic Reactions” The aim of my thesis was to study a series of redox catalytic reactions for analytical and synthetic applications, in particular, the amount of electrogenerated chemiluminescence (ECL) produced via reaction of tris (2, 2’-bipyridyl) ruthenium (II) with tertiary amine compounds. This is used both for the detection of tertiary amine analytes, as well as to study biphasic electron transfer (ET).
Postdoctoral Position at Manchester Metropolitan University. Development of an Electrochemical Sensor using Screen Printed Electrodes to detect cocaine in oral fluid for the purpose of roadside testing.
Research Interests / Professional Background
- Consultant Technologist, Liquid Lever Solutions Ltd
- Research into appropriate polymer for state of-the-art irrigation product
- Investigation into behaviour of polymers in different environments to ascertain suitability
- Identification of existing irrigation companies to which product should be targeted via Internet Research• Contacting potential clients over the telephone in Spain & Turkey to arrange product trials
- Visits to clients to conduct trials and with a view to selling the product
Senior Scientist at Oxtox Ltd.
- Development of an Electrochemical Sensor using Screen Printed Electrodes to detect methamphetamine, ampthetamine and ecstasy in oral fluid for the purpose of roadside testing.
Additional Information / Media Work / Funding
- 2007 Postgraduate Diploma in Research Training awarded by the University of Hull.
- 2010 Course in Advance Programming in C++ awarded by The Spanish Open University, Madrid
Professional Body Membership
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry,
- Member of the Institute of Physics
- Member of the Electrochemical Society
- 2015 International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 10, 1249-1260 The Electrochemical and Statistical Evaluation of Isolation of Mellitin and Apamin from Honey Bee (Apis Mellifera) Venom
- 2015 Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 142, 110-117Deferiprone, a Non-toxic Reagent for Determination of Iron in Samples via Sequential Injection Analysis
- 2015 International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 10, 2120-2129Conductance Studies of Aqueous Ionic Liquids Solutions [emim][BF4] and [bmim][BF4] at Temperatures from (283.15 to 318.15) K
- 2014 International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 9, 5699-5711 Electrochemical Oxidation of Aspirin and its voltammetric sensing in real samples at a sensitive Pyrolytic Graphite Electrode modified with Graphene
- 2013 The Analyst; 138, 6185-6191: Forensic Electrochemistry: The Electroanalytical Sensing of Rohypnol® (Flunitrazepam) using Screen Printed Graphite Electrodes without Recourse for Electrode or Sample Pretreatment
- 2011 Analytical Methods 3, 1227:An overview of quantifying and screening drugs of abuse in biological samples: Past and present.
- 2009 New Journal of Chemistry, 33, 749:Electrogenerated chemiluminescence at droplet-modified electrodes: towards biphasic pKa measurement via proton-coupled electron transfer at liquid|liquid interfaces.
- 2006 Inorganica Chemical Acta, 359, 11, 3459:Trimetallic complexes featuring Group 10 tetracyanometallate dianions as bridging ligands.