|Position:||Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing|
|Telephone:||+44 (0) 1224 263116|
Jennifer is member of the Practice Education Team with responsibility for Stage 1 Practice Placements. Areas of responsibility include Community Nursing in Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire.
- MSc Advanced Nursing and Healthcare
- BN Mental Health Nursing
- PG Cert Teaching – Higher Education
- History of Mental Health Nursing
- Practice Education
External / Professional Roles
External Examiner for Plymouth University Pre-Registration Mental Health Nursing Programme
- COWIE, J., 2016. Mental Health Nursing in Scotland’s first purpose built psychiatric asylum. Mental Health and Learning Disability Practice. London: Royal College of Nursing. In press.
- COWIE, J., 2016. The nurses’ holding power – an ethical dilemma. Journal of Mental Health and Training, Education and Practice. In press.
- COWIE, J., 2011. The Royal Asylum of Montrose – Sunnyside Royal Hospital – an historical overview of the changing face for mental health nursing within Scotland’s first psychiatric institution from past to present. Unpublished MSc Thesis, University of Aberdeen.
- History of mental health
- Practice education
- Mentor development