Ebun holds a PhD in Urban Regeneration and Sustainable Development, with research examining evaluation and impact assessment in urban regeneration.
- PhD study involved industry based action research working in collaboration with Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Urban Regeneration Companies in order to explore best practice and develop improvements to evaluation in the field.
- Background in built environment with experience in architecture as well as construction project management.
- Since worked with governmental and non-governmental organisations, within the UK and internationally examining issues relating to sustainable urban development and housing.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, and has conducted research into teaching and learning in higher education; specifically learner centred pedagogies and e-learning.
- Sustainable Urban Development
- Urban Regeneration and Sustainable Development
- Evaluation and Impact Assessment
- Learner Centred Pedagogy
- E- learning
Ebun has been working on a stakeholder engagement programme with the Aberdeen City Council MUSIC project, using the Transition Management methodology developed by DRIFT (Dutch Research Institute for Transitions, Erasmus University, Rotterdam), on the EU funded e-Harbours project and is building networks with NGOs and aid organisations working on sustainable community development in Africa.
Akinsete, E., Hoelzel, F. & Oshodi, L. (2014) “Delivering Sustainable Urban Regeneration in Emerging Nations: Introducing Neighbourhood Hotspots”, Journal of Architectural Education, Vol: 68(2)
Akinsete, E., Burnett, S., Grinnall, A. & Owen, A (2014) “E-harbours Fish Energy Labelling Report”. Aberdeen: Robert Gordon University, April 2014
Akinsete, E. “Makoko/Iwaya Sustainable Urban Regeneration Plan” – Report for Lagos State Government, January 2014
Akinsete, E. “M.U.S.I.C. for a Sustainable Aberdeen” – Report for Aberdeen City Council, December 2013
Akinsete, E. & Kruijsen J.H.J. (2013) “Developing Sustainable Communities Around the World”, Poster Presentation, In Context Informed Cities Conference, Berlin, 6-7 June 2013