- Start Date
September or January
- Course Length
- Mode of Attendance
- Academic School
- Aberdeen Business School
- More Information:
- Postgraduate Admissions +44 (0) 1224 262209 PGOffice@rgu.ac.uk
- Aberdeen Business School Accredited By
- Accredited By
Oil and Gas Management - Part-time MBA
This AMBA accredited course offers a strategic management MBA qualification with a specialist emphasis on oil and gas.
The energy sector is facing some profound changes due to factors such as climate change and environmental issues, changing patterns of viability in exploration and development, fragmentation of the value chain and the diversification of activities within organisations. Competition is forcing all organisations to concentrate on developing strong management competencies and this qualification will ensure you are ready to meet these challenges.
Studying on this AMBA accredited course also provides students with the opportunity to meet a diverse group of students from around the world.
Additionally, if you would like to further your career but are unable to commit to full time study this part-time MBA is an ideal choice.
2. What you will study
- People Management & Organisational Development
- Strategic Management Environment
- Business Development, Marketing and Sales
- Strategic Operations Management: Oil and Gas
- Corporate Financial Management
- Oil And Gas Economics
- Finance for Managers
- Strategic Management
- Leadership, Communication and Change
- Consultancy Project (oil and gas based)
Choose 1 elective module from the following group:
- Project Fundamentals
- Energy Policy and the Environment
- Oil and Gas Markets*
- Natural Resource Economics*
- Oil & Gas Management
- Oil And Gas Contract Law
- Strategic Risk Management
- Technology Innovation and Commercialisation
* (available for part-time and online distance learning students only via our partner institution Curtin University).
Modules and delivery order may change for operational purposes.
The University regularly reviews its courses. Course content and structure may change over time. See our course disclaimer for more information.
3. How you will learn
Our part-time delivery mode combines aspects of distance learning and on-campus delivery. You will benefit from the support of the virtual learning environment but also face-to-face interaction with tutors and classmates.
During the course of your degree you are required to attend a 10 day leadership week which takes place in the last week of May in your second year.
You will need to factor in the cost for travel, accommodation and subsistence for these 10 days.
This event brings together a number of speakers from academia and industry. During the event there will be a mix of academic and practical workshops. Each session will explore a different aspect of leadership and aims to enhance students’ skills and provide an opportunity to network.
The event will be hosted in the modern facilities at Aberdeen Business School, Garthdee.
4. Entry Requirements
- hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree or its equivalent in any subject discipline.
- have at least 3 years of full-time professional work experience.
Applicants with a lower degree classification and/or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
Applicants whose first language is not English should have an IELTS of 6.5 overall, with no component lower than 5.5, or an equivalent.
We accept a variety of in-country and secure English language tests, find out more:
* All entry requirements listed here should be used as a guide and represent the minimum required to be considered for entry. A small number of courses require higher levels, but this will be stated explicitly on your offer letter.
5. Placements and Accreditations
AMBA is regarded as the international authority on the development of business leaders and the guardian of MBA quality standards. It plays a unique role in supporting business schools to develop business leaders and provides a network for MBAs, business schools and employer.
Energy Institute accreditation indicates the Institute's support of this energy-related course and '....involves a thorough assessment of the course content, its assessment procedures, its teaching staff and its facilities by a panel of EI experts' (EI website).
6. Student Funding
Robert Gordon University is delighted to offer a 20% loyalty discount on course fees for all alumni who have graduated from RGU, further information available via the Alumni page.
7. Course Fees
For Academic Year 2018/2019
- £5,390 Year 1
- £6,370 Year 2
- £5,240 Year 3
For Academic Year 2017/2018
- £5,240 Year 1
- £6,200 Year 2
- £5,060 Year 3
For Academic Year 2016/2017
- £7,790 Year 1
- £7,790 Year 2
- £2,120 Year 3
For Academic Year 2015/2016
- £7,510 Year 1
- £7,510 Year 2
- £1,971 Year 3
For Academic Year 2014/2015
- £7,265 Year 1
- £7,265 Year 2
- £1,971 Year 3
For Academic Year 2013/2014
- £7,044 Year 1
- £7,044 Year 2
- £1,912 Year 3
For Academic Year 2012/2013
- £7,045 Year 1
- £7,045 Year 2
- £1,910 Year 3
For Academic Year 2011/2012
- £7,068 Year 1
- £7,068 Year 2
- £1,864 Year 3 (Dissertation stage)
Course fees are reviewed periodically and so are subject to change for new applicants. All tuition fees are fixed for the duration of a course at the rate confirmed in your offer letter. You will also be liable to pay a graduation fee of £40 before receiving a University award.For further information see Student Finance pages
8. How to apply
Terms and Conditions of Admissions
The Terms and Conditions of Admission describe to applicants holding an offer of a place to study at RGU, the principal rights, duties and obligations of both the applicant and the University prior to enrolling on a course of study.
- Fraser Moonie, Chief Operating Officer – Northern Europe, Bibby Offshore Ltd. talks about the benefits of the part-time MBA Oil and Gas Management course
- Nigel Lees, Regional Director Wood Group PSN, talks about his experience talks about the part-time MBA Oil and Gas Management course at RGU
Back to mba degrees