Zenith Oilfield Technology
Zenith Oilfield Technology operates in the artificial lift sector of the global oil and gas industry, focussing on pioneering new technologies to enable optimum recovery from customer wells through the gathering and analysis of downhole data and the design of generic and bespoke completion equipment.
A world leader in downhole monitoring systems, Zenith invests heavily in research and development with more than £1.2 million annually towards the development and commercialisation of game-changing technology now being used all over the world.
Located in new purpose-built headquarters housing state-of-the-art development and production facilities, and with 80 staff operating out of 30 countries, the majority of Zenith's workload comes from oil and gas operators and service companies working and producing in the Middle and Far East.
The Zenith Undergraduate Scholarship offers two undergraduate students funding support up to the value of £2,500 per annum.
The award is linked and students must progress on to a MEng programme after their second year of study.
Additional features of the Zenith Scholarship:
- Financial Support as detailed below.
- Salary paid during summer placement.
- Eligible for job interview at graduation
- Opportunity to receive mentoring from Zenith staff.
- Skill & Competency Development.
- Provision of an industrial-focussed project.
- Invitations for scholars to relevant events.
Applicants must be engaged in full-time study at Robert Gordon University on one of the degree programmes listed below:
- Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Mechanical Engineering MEng
- Mechanical and Offshore Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Mechanical and Offshore Engineering MEng
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering MEng
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering MEng
How to Apply
The selection process begins with students completing an online application form which will be reviewed by a panel consisting of representatives from the University and Zenith.
Short listed candidates will be invited to attend an interview at Zenith and the award winners will be selected from amongst this group of students.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and personal characteristics. In respect of personal characteristics, applicants should be able to demonstrate that they:
- Are enthusiastic, energetic & determined
- Have a strong commitment to self-development
- Possess good communication & interpersonal skills
- Take a proactive and committed approach to their education
- Are highly motivated
- Are keen to succeed academically and professionally
Renewal of the award after each year is dependent on continued good academic performance and is subject to terms and conditions as specified by Zenith.
Application forms for the Scholarship can be downloaded below:
Completed application forms should be submitted to Scholarships@rgu.ac.uk. The closing date for applications is Friday 26 October 2018. All applications must be received by that date in order to be considered for the scholarship.