CNOOC International, the international division of CNOOC Limited, is a global energy company with operations in Asia, Africa, the Americas and Europe.
Their successful growth as an upstream oil and gas producer has been achieved by consistently finding and developing world-class assets.
Their business is focused on safely exploring and producing from conventional offshore, unconventional and oil sands assets. As part of the CNOOC Group of companies, which span the entire energy supply chain, their size and capability create a competitive advantage that ensures they deliver long-term value. Their growth strategy is to safely and sustainably develop our high-quality portfolio to deliver energy for all.
The CNOOC International Scholarship offers one first year student funding support of £2,000 per year until graduation.
The scholarship is open to 1st year students studying the following courses:
- BEng/MEng Mechanical Engineering
- BEng/MEng Mechanical and Electrical
Only applicants domiciled in the UK, having a UK passport and classified as paying “home fees” are eligible to apply for the CNOOC International Scholarship.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
- Reside in a low income household (in receipt of Educational Allowance or eligible to claim SAAS bursary i.e. household income below £34,000)
- The scholar commits to attending one summer placement over the course of their degree
It is intended that each scholarship will consist of mentoring, support for dissertations and projects, including a potential for a work placement.
In respect of personal characteristics, applicants should be able to demonstrate that they:
- Are enthusiastic, highly motivated and determined to succeed academically and professionally;
- Have a strong commitment to self-development and take a pro-active and committed approach to their education;
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Have an awareness of, and interest in, their chosen field of study
How to apply
Applicants for the Scholarship must have met the entry requirements of their UCAS offer from Robert Gordon University and have formally accepted the offer. Applicants must also have met the Access RGU scholarship eligibility criteria.
Application is by invitation only. Eligible applicants will receive an email with further direction.
Full details of the selection criteria are available with the application form.
All applicants to the Scholarship will need to enrol on their chosen course at Robert Gordon University during September 2019.