If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our practice learning experience offers a variety of placements in locations throughout the United Kingdom and in some cases abroad. This is essential for producing nursing and midwifery graduates (pre and post registration) who are fit for purpose in rapidly changing international health care environments.
These webpages aim to provide both supporting staff and students with up-to-date information.
Mentor and Practice Teacher
Speak to other practice teachers on CampusMoodle
This page contains a variety of forms which may be useful to both the student, mentor and practice teacher.
PLEASE NOTE - The content of this page is currently under review. If you have any queries about the documentation on this page please email NursingandMidwifery@rgu.ac.uk (December 2018)
This is a list of the core information for all mentors and should be saved on the desktop of your PC.
Further forms can be accessed by the Practice Education Staff and all Mentors in the Annual Update and Resource Area for Mentors and Practice Teachers in CampusMoodle. (Opens in new window)
You may find the following links to various Professional Bodies and Organisations useful.
- NMC The Code 2018
- Guidance for mentors of nursing and Midwifery: An RCN Toolkit 2007
- Nursing and Midwifery Council Home Page
- Flying Start NHS
- Standards to support learning and assessment in practice
- Standards for pre-registration midwifery 2009
- Standards for pre-registration nursing education 2010
Dyslexia and Dyspraxia
Other Useful Links
- Mott Macdonald
- Royal College of Nursing RCN
- Royal College of Midwives RCM
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN)
- Legal advice for RCN members using the internet
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- Tissue Viability Online
- The Knowledge Network
- NHS Grampian Homepage
- NHS Orkney
- NHS Shetland
- NHS Highland
- NHS Tayside
- NHS Western Isles