RGU will seek to ensure that no employee, student, visitor, contractor or other person is exposed to an unacceptably high level of risk from any of the property, equipment, processes or activities undertaken, for which the University has a legal responsibility for mitigation.
In view of this commitment, RGU aims to:
- Provide an environment where risk is mitigated to an acceptable level for all employees, students, visitors, contractors or others.
- Ensure compliance with the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, and all other relevant legislation and guidance.
- Undertake suitable and sufficient assessments of all workplace risks, through the application of a suitable risk assessment system.
- Record the significant findings of these assessments.
- Provide information on the outcomes of assessments to those involved in the process being assessed.
- Provide suitable information and training to enable suitable risk assessments to be developed and implemented.
- Regularly review the risk assessment system, to ensure it is suitable and sufficient.
In particular, the following principles will be embodied procedurally:
- The person, Department, Subsidiary Company or School creating, or giving rise to, the risk is responsible for ensuring that the risk is assessed and effectively controlled.
- Risks will be assessed, as far as possible by, or in consultation with, those who will be charged with using, or supervising the use of, controls implemented as a result of the assessment.
- Adequate information and instruction related to the significant findings are made available to those involved/undertaking the task, activity, process or other risk criteria.