Board of Governors
The Board of Governors is responsible for the overall strategic direction and governance of the University.
The Board's many powers, functions, duties and responsibilities are set out in the University's Statutory Instrument, the Statement of Primary Responsibilities and the Governors' Handbook.
- Statutory Instrument: Robert Gordon University (Scotland) Order of Council 2006 (PDF 55KB) which includes the remit and composition of the Board of Governors.
- Statement of Primary Responsibilities for Governors (PDF 55KB) and associated Mapping Document (PDF 368KB).
- Board of Governors' Handbook: October 2018 (PDF 1.5MB) including the Code of Conduct for Board of Governors (PDF 129KB)
The following materials are also relevant to University governance:-
- Scottish Code of Good HE Governance 2017 (PDF 390 KB)
- HE Governance (Scotland) Act (PDF 280KB)
- Skills Matrix (PDF 100KB)
- Governor Development Programme and Governance Support 2018-19 (PDF 834KB)
Details about the University's two principal committees (Board of Governors and Academic Council) can be found on our Committee pages.
Board of Governors - Minutes and Meetings
The Board is constituted in accordance with the University's formal committee structure.
Chair: Mr Mike Fleming
Secretary: Ms Veronica Strachan
Powers, Functions, Composition and Duties of the Board
Information on the remit, composition, statement of primary responsibilities and code of conduct of the Board of Governors is available on the Governance webpage
Profiles of the Board of Governors
- Board Minute: 27 August 2018 (PDF 106KB)
- Board Minute: 27 July 2018 (PDF 105KB)
- Board Minute: 16 July 2018 (PDF 143KB)
- Board Minute: 28 June 2018 (PDF 196KB)
- Board Minute: 31 May 2018 (PDF 132KB)
- Board Minute: 22 March 2018 (PDF 255KB)
- Board Minute: 14 December 2017 (PDF 209KB)
- Board Minute: 5 October 2017 (PDF 215KB)
- Wednesday 19 December 2018, Room H230, Ishbel Gordon Building at 11.00 am
- Thursday 21 March 2019, Room H230, Ishbel Gordon Building at 11.00 am
- Thursday 27 June 2019, Room H230, Ishbel Gordon Building at 11.00 am
External Review of Governing Body Effectiveness June 2018
Future External Committee Members and Potential Board Applicants
The Nominations Committee is keen to receive nominations and build up a pool of potential external Committee members and Board applicants for the future. It is important to note that anyone nominated in this capacity, who then wishes to apply for future Board membership, would need to submit a separate application for this purpose in their own right.