Equality and Diversity Advisory Group (EDAG)
The Equality and Diversity Advisory Group exists to:
- Advise and make recommendations to the Executive on matters relating to the promotion and monitoring of equality and diversity issues throughout the university;
- To devise, co-ordinate and monitor steps taken by the University to comply with the Equalities Act 2010;
- To develop, monitor and keep under review the University’s Equality & Diversity policy, single equality scheme and associated annual equality plans and reports on the Equality Outcomes.
- To monitor data from an equalities perspective e.g. the composition of staff and student bodies, student satisfaction and achievement data. Identify trends and opportunities of significance for the institution.
- To establish appropriate structures through which equality and diversity policies and processes may be promoted and mainstreamed across the university.
- To promote and disseminate examples of good practice.
- To provide support and guidance mechanisms to enable managers to manage and staff to promote equality and diversity across the university.
- To consult widely with all relevant groups, particularly minority groups, within the university in pursuance of its terms of reference.
- To define the overall equality and diversity goals of appropriate areas of university activity and to undertake impact assessments of policy, taking account of relevant legal obligations place on the university.
Equality and Diversity Advisory Group Membership:
- (Convenor) Dr Duncan Cockburn, Director of Planning & Policy Development
- (Secretary) Emily Whitters, Policy Officer
- Scott Cameron, Head of Human Resources Operations & Support
- Filippo Antoniazzi, Director of Student Life
- Rhona McComiskie, Access Pathways Lead, DELTA (Department for the Enhancement of Teaching, Learning and Assessment)
- Annette Davidson, Disability Manager, Disability & Dyslexia service
- Philip Chan, Project Co-ordinator, Student Life
- Alison Watson, Chair of Staff Women’s Network
- Hamish Walker, Convenor of Staff LGBT Network
- Hector Williams, Convenor of Staff Race Network
- Kerry Harrison, President of Education & Welfare, Student Association
- Jennifer Ritchie, Vice President of Wellbeing & Opportunities, Student Association
Equality and Diversity Champions
The Equality and Diversity Advisory Group (EDAG) has appointed equality champions in the areas of Age; Disability; Gender; Sexual Orientation; Race and Religion and Belief.
Students who self-define into protected characteristics and minority groups, and act as ambassadors for their equality strands.