Equality and Diversity Advisory Group (EDAG)
The Equality and Diversity Advisory Group exists to:
- Advise and make recommendations to the Executive on matters relating to the promotion and monitoring of equality and diversity issues throughout the university;
- To devise, co-ordinate and monitor steps taken by the University to comply with the Equalities Act 2010;
- To develop, monitor and keep under review the University’s Equality & Diversity policy, single equality scheme and associated annual equality plans and reports on the Equality Outcomes.
- To monitor data from an equalities perspective e.g. the composition of staff and student bodies, student satisfaction and achievement data. Identify trends and opportunities of significance for the institution.
- To establish appropriate structures through which equality and diversity policies and processes may be promoted and mainstreamed across the university.
- To promote and disseminate examples of good practice.
- To provide support and guidance mechanisms to enable managers to manage and staff to promote equality and diversity across the university.
- To consult widely with all relevant groups, particularly minority groups, within the university in pursuance of its terms of reference.
- To define the overall equality and diversity goals of appropriate areas of university activity and to undertake impact assessments of policy, taking account of relevant legal obligations place on the university.
Equality and Diversity Advisory Group Membership:
- (Convenor) Dr Duncan Cockburn, Director of Planning & Policy Development and Sexual Orientation Equality Champion
- (Secretary) Emily Whitters, Policy Officer
- Adam Johnstone, President of Education & Welfare, Student Association
- Sam Thiesen, Vice President of Wellbeing & Opportunities, Student Association
- Student Equality Champions
- Scott Cameron, Head of Human Resources Operations & Support
- Filippo Antoniazzi, Director of Student Life
- Brian Webb, Access Pathways Lead, DELTA
- Fiona Hall, Project Co-ordinator, Student Life
- Annette Davidson, Disability & Inclusion Manager
- Dr Morag McFadyen, Lecturer (Teaching Fellow), Convenor of Staff Women’s Network
- Hamish Walker, Senior Business Operations Manager, Academic Administration, Convenor of Staff LGBT+ Network
- Hector Williams, Senior Research Fellow, Convenor of Staff Race Equality network
- Professor Sarah Pedersen, Professor of Communication and Media, Gender Equality Champion
- Dr Bassam Bjeirmi, Academic Strategic Lead, Race Equality Champion
- Professor Donald Cairns, Head of School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Disability Equality Champion
- Margaret Buchan, Director of Library Services, Religion & Belief Equality Champion
Equality and Diversity Champions
The Equality and Diversity Advisory Group (EDAG) has appointed equality champions in the areas of Age; Disability; Gender; Sexual Orientation; Race and Religion and Belief.
Students who self-define into protected characteristics and minority groups, and act as ambassadors for their equality strands.